Wednesday, May 10, 2017

My True Calling

I know my true calling is to be a stay-at-home mom (SAHM).  I've known this since my son was born.  I may not have recognized it right away.  In fact, I know I didn't!  It actually hit me after I was fired from Alorica.  Of course I HAD to find another job because bills needed to be payed and one paycheck wasn't going to cut it.  It was also nearing Christmas and well...my son wasn't going to have a happy on with only one paycheck.  However, time spent looking for another job made me realize that I'd much rather BE home.  That choice made, I took a part-time temp job at Gordmans for the holiday season.  Now, I could have left as soon as the season was over.  However, the manager asked me to stay on and we still need my paycheck.  Now I work at Gordmans (mostly Thurs.-Sat.) and it's STILL part-time. And every other week I work with NO days off except the Weds. and Sundays I asked to be removed.  Plus there's now rumors of the whole chain being liquidated. 
Well, the new news is that the Gordmans store in Sioux City is spared.     However, I still wasn't getting the hours I wanted.  I put in my 2 weeks and applied at Menards.  Now I work for a $1 more but at least I have a constant schedual.  I'm in Wallcoverings & Groceries and, granted I do have to stock the latter more than I'd like to, I'm also learning about paints and stains (among other things) and can't wait until I move beyond stocking shelves.

No comments: